Eggs & Vegetables Casserole
The easiest way to serve up a crowd for brunch is with an egg casserole, and chef Fabio Viviani's loaded with vegetables like potato, bell peppers, and mushrooms to make it as healthy for you as it is filling.
- 2 Cups sandwich bread, diced
- 10 Ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Cup cream
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon garlic flakes
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 whole potatoes, peeled and sliced very thin
- 1 Cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 Cup thinly sliced button mushrooms
- 1 white sweet onion, sliced very thin
Grease a 9 by 13 glass casserole dish with butter or oil and place the diced bread on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of the bread, and then follow with layers of potato, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Mix the eggs, cream, milk, salt, garlic flakes, and smoked paprika in a blender until well incorporated. Pour the mixture on top of the vegetables and let soak for at least 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Cover the casserole with foil and bake for 1 hour, removing the foil for the last 20 minutes. Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.