Combine the flavors of two popular Middle Eastern dips (baba ghanouj and hummus) in this tasty purée. Serve with raw vegetables or spread on whole-grain crackers.
- 2 large eggplants, halved lengthwise (about 1 pound each)
- One 15-ounce can no-salt-added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Cup parsley leaves, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 Cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 3 Tablespoons sesame tahini
- 4 Teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Place the eggplants cut side down on a baking sheet. Prick all over with a fork and bake until soft and collapsed, 40-45 minutes.
When cool enough to handle, scoop the eggplant pulp into the bowl of a food processor and discard the skin. Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with parsley.