White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 1½ Cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ Teaspoon baking powder
- ½ Teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- ½ Cup raw turbinado sugar, such as Maui Brand, plus more for garnish
- ½ Cup coconut oil, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 Teaspoon almond extract
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ Cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ Cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
Mix the brown sugar, turbinado sugar, and coconut oil with hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
Slowly beat in the egg, almond extract, and vanilla extract.
Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, and slowly blend with the mixer.
Lastly, add the white chocolate chips and nuts to the dough and fold in with a spoon.
Scoop rounded spoonfuls of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet
Bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes. When cooling, sprinkle more turbinado sugar over the cookies (if desired) for garnish.