Recipe courtesy of QVC Host Jill Bauer.
- Vegetable oil
- 4 Cups crushed tortilla chips
- 8 Ounces tomato sauce
- 1/4 Cup spicy salsa
- 2 Cups low-fat milk
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1 Cup Cheddar cheese, shredded (or use a Mexican cheese blend)
- 3/4 Cups egg whites
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 Cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Cup frozen white corn kernels, thawed
The night before:
Lightly oil a lasagna glass or ceramic dish. Combine the chips, tomato sauce, and salsa in a large bowl. Add the milk, sour cream, shredded cheese, egg whites, beaten eggs, and cumin to another bowl. Mix well. Combine the egg mixture with the chip mixture and add the cilantro, onion, tomatoes, black beans, and corn. Mix thoroughly and pour it into your prepared dish. Cover and store in the fridge overnight.
The next day:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Let the casserole sit out for about 20 minutes, or until it warms to room temperature. Bake for 1 hour, or until golden and puffy. Allow it to cool for about 15—20 minutes before serving.