*Note: If you can't find fresh or frozen aji peppers, a habanero pepper is a fine substitute.
- 2 Pounds halibut fillet, skinned and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Juice of 10 limes
- 2 fresh or frozen aji peppers, seeded and veins removed*
- 10 -12 cilantro leaves, chopped roughly
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 Pound white corn, kernels removed from cob
- 1 small red onion, sliced very thinly
In a large bowl, combine the halibut and lime juice. Place the aji peppers with a little bit of water in the bowl of a food processor or blender and purée. Mix the purée into the fish-and-lime mixture.
Next, mix in the cilantro and season with kosher salt, to taste. Let the mixture marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
To serve, set out 6 martini glasses or other deep glasses and fill each with a little corn, then the ceviche mixture, and finally top with some red onion rings. Serve cold.