- One 18 1/4-ounce German chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons green food coloring, preferably McCormick
- 3 eggs
- 2 Teaspoons pure vanilla extract, preferably McCormick
- One 16-ounce container cream cheese frosting
- Green sprinkles, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Beat the cake mix, sour cream, water, cocoa powder, oil, food color, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, scraping the sides of bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Pour the batter into 24 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
Bake the cupcakes for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove them from the pans; cool completely on wire rack. Frost with cream cheese frosting. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired.