- 1 Pound lump crabmeat, drained and picked over for shells
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2/3 chopped celery
- ½ Cup tartar sauce
- 1/3 Cup minced onion
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Old Bay Seasoning or chili powder, to taste
- ¾ Cup finely crushed saltine crackers (about ½ sleeve)
- 2 Tablespoons cold butter, thinly sliced
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Celery sticks, for dipping
- Saltine crackers, for dipping
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl, mix the first 8 ingredients and season with Old Bay, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish and then smooth the top of the dip. Sprinkle it with the crushed saltines and scatter the butter slices over the top.
Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 25 minutes. Garnish with the chives. Serve with the celery and saltine crackers.