- 4 Ounces semi sweet chocolate
- 2 1/2 Ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 1/2 Ounces light brown sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar, as needed
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle, cream the butter, sugar, cardamom, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
Add the one egg followed by the melted chocolate. Mix well to combine.
Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix until the batter comes together.
With a 1 ounce sized scoop, portion your cookies onto a flat cookie sheet lined with parchment. Place the batter into the fridge for 15 minutes to harden. Take the firm cookie dough and toss them in the powdered sugar.
Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 min or until the edges are slightly firm.