Easy Cheesy Potato and Bacon Soup
Soup! It is cold here. And soup is what I want. Pretty much every day. I loved this soup. The bacon and cheese and potatoes are so comforting. Kids will love this soup as well. Serve with some crusty bread and you have an easy meal.
- 1 1/2 Pound red potatoes, diced
- 2 Cups sliced leeks
- 6 Cups chicken broth
- 2 Teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 Cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 Cups shredded sharp Cheddar, plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Place the potatoes, leeks, broth, garlic powder, and ½ cup of the bacon into a slow cooker. Slowly whisk in the flour, 1 tablespoon at a time. Cover and cook on low until the potatoes are tender, about 4-6 hours. Slowly stir in the cheese, a little at a time. Season with plenty of salt and pepper and garnish with the remaining bacon and extra cheese, if desired.