Westside Market NYC
Sometimes, using a little help from the store can mean the difference between ordering takeout and making a home-cooked meal. The introduction of precooked fresh beets to the produce section is a boon to busy home cooks; no longer does anyone have to settle for canned beets when in a hurry. This quick and easy, delicious salad is a healthy starter for busy weeknights.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 eight-ounce packages steamed and peeled beets, such as Love Beets, chopped
- Chopped basil, for garnish
In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, mustard, lemon juice, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the onion and beets and marinate for 30-60 minutes. Garnish with basil just before serving.