- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/4 Cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 Teaspoons salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 Cup whole milk
- 1/4 Cup plain yogurt
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Spray the mini-doughnut pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl mix the flours, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Whisk in the milk, yogurt, vanilla, egg and melted butter just until combined.
Pour the batter into the pan. Once all of the doughnut molds are filled, slam the pan down to remove air bubbles from the batter.
Bake the doughnuts for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the doughnuts are dry . Let the doughnuts cool in the pan before removing.