- 3 ounces Southern Comfort 100 prf Bourbon Liqueur
- 2 ounces Pyrat XO rum (made by Patron)
- 1.5 ounces Barenjager Honey liqueur
- Carton Heavy whipped cream or Creme fraiche
The amount's can obviously be varied, it's up to you. It is important to understand what qualities your brand of eggnog has, look at your list of ingredients. The thickness, freshness, and egg content are important. Also, I use a heavy whipping cream or Creme fraiche (if I have some around). This does affect the final tasting, because you are drinking my Boozy Nog with heavy whipped cream to balance the flavor's... Ultimately, the booze ratio is up to you, but:
1) I use SoCo 100 proof in the heaviest ratio.
2) I use Pyrat rum next in a support role to SoCo.
3) I use Barenjager as a base, its very viscous and adds body to the Nog, it is also the most important ingredient because it balances the higher proof booze used.
You can premix all the liquors together before mixing it in with the Nog, tasting as you go...Just watch out!...It tastes sooo good it might not make it into the Nog!
Now, after mixing the booze mixture and Nog together in a large party style bowl, add the whipped cream INTO the Nog mix and give it a good vigorous stirring. Note: Make sure not to overbeat your whip cream, otherwise, it will be too thick and sturdy. You want it to be like light floating dumpling's. Next, add a little pinch of nutmeg, cinnamon, and sugar, and voila, its BOOZY NOG time...