Devil's Food Eggs
Now you can have your devil’s food cake and deviled eggs all at once. These eggs contain cocoa powder, crème fraîche, and a little milk chocolate to make the dish that's traditionally served as an appetizer into a dessert.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, cut in half, and yolks mashed in a bowl
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon crème fraîche
- 2 Teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Grated milk chocolate, for garnish
Combine the thoroughly mashed yolks with the butter and crème fraîche — get the mixture as smooth as possible. Add the cocoa, brown sugar, and salt, stirring until well combined.
Fill the whites evenly with the mixture and garnish each egg half with grated chocolate.