- 1 Pound shrimp or squid
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 Teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 Serrano chiles, sliced diagonally
- 1 Teaspoon cayenne
- 2 dry red chiles, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
Wash, clean, and shell shrimp or cut squid into 1-inch strips.
Heat the oil in a pan. Sauté the onions, garlic, ginger, and curry leaves until the onions are translucent. Add tomatoes and serrano chiles.
Add shrimp or squid, cayenne, dry red chiles, vinegar, and salt and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, put on a plate, and squeeze on lime juice before serving.