Recipe tip: Line the bottom of the baking pan with a piece of parchment paper cut to fit for easy release of the cake.
- 3/4 Cups butter or buttery spread, divided
- 2 medium firm but ripe California Bartlett pears, peeled and cored
- 3/4 Cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 Cups Blue Diamond Hint of Honey Vanilla Almond Breeze
- 1 and 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 and 1/3 Cup flour
- 1/3 Cup Blue Diamond Almond or Fine Almond Flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 Teaspoons salt
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook/stand time: 55 to 1 hour, 5 minutesPreheat oven to 350°F. Melt 1/4 cup of the butter and spread it in the bottom of a 9-inch round baking pan. Cut each pear into 16 slices and arrange in a circular pattern in prepared dish. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the top; press down lightly.
Heat Almond Breeze and the remaining 1/2 cup butter in a small saucepan until butter is melted and Almond Breeze is hot. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in sugar and vanilla. Let cool slightly, then whisk in eggs. Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl and stir into Breeze mixture, mixing until batter is smooth. Spread evenly over pears.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge of the cake. Place a plate on top and holding on 2 sides with a dish towel, carefully flip over. Remove pan. Makes 10 servings.