- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Teaspoon bourbon vanilla extract, such as Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 Cup shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
Place rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars together until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the egg and beat for about 1 minute more. Add vanilla extract and beat to incorporate.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix on low speed until just incorporated. Finally stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheets. Leave about 2 inches of room between each cookie.
Bake cookies for 18 minutes, or until just golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.