Special thanks to Patricia Stagich of Comfy Cuisine for helping us test this recipe.
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped celery
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 Cups chicken broth
- 4 Cups 1/2-inch dried white bread cubes
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 Teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 Cup chopped rosemary
- 1 Cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
In a medium-sized sauce pan, melt the butter and sauté the onions and celery until soft, about 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and then add the dried seasonings and the rosemary. Add 4 cups of the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from the heat and add the dried bread cubes. Give a good stir so that the chicken broth is evenly combined. If the stuffing is too dry, add the rest of the stock in ½-cup increments until wet. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and place the stuffing into a 9-by-13-inch greased baking pan and bake for 30 minutes, covered. Remove the cover and bake for 5 minutes more until golden brown.