- Olive oil
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 chicken breasts, chopped 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 6 oz plain yogurt
- 2 1/2 tablespoon green curry paste
- 4 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon fish oil
- Thai basil, julienned, for garnish
- 1 kefir lime leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked rice or noodles, to serve
Cover the surface of a large pot with olive oil. Begin to cook the shallots, garlic, ginger, and onion over medium heat.
Create a quick milk bath for the chicken with coconut milk, yogurt, and green curry paste. Leave the chicken to soak while the potatoes, red pepper, and water get added to the pot.
After a few minutes, add the chicken, marinade and all, to the pot. Turn the heat down and cover with a lid. Add the fish oil and leave to simmer for about 35 minutes.
When the chicken and potatoes are tender, you can turn off the heat, add the Thai basil, kefir lime leaf, and salt and pepper. Stir well, and serve over rice or noodles.