- 1/4 Cup Israeli couscous
- 1/2 Teaspoon smoked or regular paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon dried onion powder
- Juice from 1 orange
- 1 package salt-free rice crackers, or matzo crackers
- Crème fraîche, or low-sodium Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
Place the couscous, cup of water, paprika, curry, and onion powder into a medium-sized pot. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. When the bubbles are rolling, reduce the heat to low, take off the lid, and add the orange juice.
Continue to stir and cook the couscous until all of the liquid has been absorbed and the couscous has a red hue, about 12-15 minutes. Then remove the pot from the heat and set the couscous aside to cool.
When you're ready to serve, assemble the 'caviar.' Spread a teaspoon of the crème fraîche or Greek yogurt on each cracker. Then top with 1-2 teaspoons of the couscous. Give them all a good sprinkling of chives, serve, and enjoy.