Transform orange-colored (and flavored!) cake balls with sweet decorations like melted chocolate, black licorice and jelly beans. Create mini vampire bats, spiders and ghosts or experiment with creatures of your own to match your costume.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 1 package (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 Teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon McCormick® Yellow Food Color
- 1/4 Teaspoon McCormick® Red Food Color
- 1 Cup marshmallow creme
- White confectionary coating wafers, such as Wilton® White Candy Melts®
- Black confectionary coating wafers, such as Wilton® Black Candy Melts®
- Semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Assorted candies for decorating
Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding orange extract and food colors.
Bake as directed on package for 13x9-inch baking pan.
Cool completely on wire rack.
Crumble cake into large bowl.
Add marshmallow creme; mix until well blended.
Shape into 1-inch balls.
Refrigerate 2 hours.
Melt coating wafers or chocolate as directed on package.
Using a fork, dip 1 cake ball at a time into the confectionary coating or melted chocolate.
Tap back of fork 2 or 3 times against edge of dish to allow excess to drip off.
Place cake balls on wax paper-lined tray.
Decorate as desired.