- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 Ounces linguine
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, chopped finely
- 1/2 Cup dry white wine, or 2 tablespoons lemon juice in 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 Cups half-and-half
- 1 Cup frozen peas
- One 4-ounce package smoked salmon, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped dill
- Lemon juice, to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat and cook the pasta according to the package directions.
Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the shallot until softened, for 2-3 minutes. Add the white wine and simmer until reduced by ½, 2-3 more minutes.
Then, reduce the heat, add the half-and-half and peas, and gently simmer for 2-3 more minutes before adding the salmon and dill. Heat through and let the sauce thicken slightly.
Drain the pasta and toss in the pan with sauce to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Serve immediately.