Before this recipe, we always thought that avocados were the end-all, be-all for adding creaminess to a south-of-the-border dish such as salsita. Then along came Greek yogurt.
- 1/3 Cup Greek yogurt, such as Plain 0% Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 2 medium tomatillos, husked, rinsed, and chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 jalapeño, roughly chopped
- 1/4 bunch cilantro leaves
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 Tablespoons water
Place all of the ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth, using a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides and bottom of the blender as needed.
Add salt to taste and serve over grilled chicken, pork, beef, or fish.