- 30 Ounces frozen spinach
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 Cup shallots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 Ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Thaw the spinach according to package directions. Wring out the spinach with a clean tea towel until dry.
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots, and cook for 3-5 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the thawed spinach, cream cheese, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
Transfer the mixture to a medium baking dish, and top with breadcrumbs and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Bake until warm and golden, about 10-15 minutes.