- ¼ Cup canola oil
- 1½ Cup chopped yellow onion
- ½ Cup chopped carrot
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 4 Cups water
- 3 Honey Crisp or Fuji apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 Cup apple cider
- 33½ Ounces tomato sauce
- 12 Ounces tomato paste
- 12 Ounces evaporated milk
- ⅔ Cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat the oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and carrot and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until the onion is tender. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more, or until fragrant.
Add the water, apples, apple cider, tomato sauce, and tomato paste to the saucepan; stir to combine. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove the soup from heat. Carefully blend the mixture in the saucepan with a handheld immersion blender, until smooth. Stir in the milk, top with cheese, and serve.