Cranberry-Tomatillo Salsa Recipe
Here’s a Mexican-inspired twist on the traditional cranberry sauce. Try this salsa with some turkey breast and prepare yourself for a taste sensation.
- 5 frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 1/4 fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 orange zest, shredded on a Microplane
- 3/4 sugar
- 1 1/4 water
- 3/4 jicama, cut into eighth-inch dice
- 1/2 tomatillo-habanero salsa*
- Kosher salt, to taste
Place the cranberries in the bowl of a food processor, and process until finely chopped. Put chopped cranberries in a large bowl and add the orange juice, lime juice, sugar, and orange zest. Mix well.
Take 2/3 of the mixture and process with the water in a blender until smooth. Return the blended portion of the salsa to the bowl. Mix together well and add the jicama, the tomatillo-habanero salsa and season with salt, to taste.