Total time incorporates cooling.
- 1 1/2 Cup dried apricot halves, quartered (8 ounces)
- 1/2 Cup diced dried Mission figs (3 ounces)
- 1/4 Cup dried cranberries
- 1 Cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Grated zest of 1 small lemon
Put the fruit and orange juice into a medium glass or ceramic baking dish. Microwave on high, stirring often, until very hot, 4 or 5 minutes. (Be careful: The bowl will be very hot.)
Stir in honey, butter and lemon zest; let cool about 1 hour. Juices will thicken. Serve warm or at room temperature.