August 10, 2017
- 8 Ounces udon or rice noodles
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable or coconut oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 Tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric
- 1 (1-pound) package Nasoya extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 Teaspoons sea salt
- 2 (13.5-ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- Toppings: Chopped fresh basil or cilantro, toasted cashews, lime wedge
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the noodles and cook according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water, reserving pot for later use.
- In the reserved pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, curry paste, and turmeric. Stir for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the tofu and salt, and gently toss until tofu is coated. Add the coconut milk, cooked noodles, brown sugar, and lime juice.
- Cook over medium heat until heated through and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve into bowls and garnish with fresh herbs, cashews, and a lime wedge.