- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 4 Tablespoons mild curry paste or powder
- 2 Cups cooked shredded chicken
- 6 Cups chicken stock
- 1 fifteen-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 Cups canned hominy (or corn), drained
- Juice of one lime
- 4 Cups baby spinach, washed
- Salt, to taste
In a large stockpot add olive oil on medium heat and sauté onions and garlic until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Add red pepper strips and curry paste and mix. Add shredded chicken and coconut milk and mix until curry is blended properly.
Add chicken stock, hominy, and lemon and allow it to simmer for about 5 minutes until heated through.
Before serving add spinach and cook for a couple more minutes.
Garnish with fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes if desired.