Shuck some fresh, briny oysters for this citrus relish; an adaptation of a Bobby Flay Recipe from Josh Clauss at the Harvest Moon Shellfish Company. You can also serve fresh oysters with a cocktail sauce, vinaigrette, or even some spicy sriracha. This recipe is part of a larger story; click here to see the full story.
- 3 Cups lime juice
- 1½ Cup orange juice
- 4 Tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Cup minced shallots or finely chopped scallions, white parts only
- 4 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons lime zest
- 6 limes, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh shucked oysters, for serving
Bring the orange juice, lime juice, ginger, garlic and honey to a boil. Cool to thicken, and add the shallots, zest, cilantro, and limes. Then add the salt and pepper, as needed. Serve with fresh shucked oysters.