- 2 Cups bulgur
- 2 1/2 Cups boiling water
- 2 lemons
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 1 Cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- One 8-ounce yellow summer squash, chopped
- One 8-ounce zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 Cup loosely packed mint, chopped
- 1/2 Cup loosely packed parsley, chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
In a large bowl, stir together the bulgur and boiling water. Cover and let stand until the liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze ¼ cup juice from the lemons and set aside.
In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add the onion and cook until beginning to soften, 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, squash, and zucchini. Cook until the vegetables are tender, 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir the vegetables into the bulgur with the lemon peel and juice, mint, parsley, salt, and pepper. Spoon the mixture into a container with a tight-fitting lid. It can be refrigerated up to 1 day.