- 1 Cup light corn syrup, preferably Karo
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon green food coloring
- 6 Cups crispy rice cereal
- 3/4 Cups white chocolate chips
- 1/4 Cup red and green candy-coated chocolate pieces, for decorating
- Red and green sprinkles, for decorating
- 30 yellow gumdrops or spice drops, for decorating
In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook corn syrup and sugar together, stirring to dissolve sugar.
Bring mixture to a boil.
Remove from heat.
Stir in peanut butter and food coloring; mix well.
Add cereal; stir until evenly coated.
Pour mixture into greased 15x10-inch rimmed baking pan and pat into place.
Using a Christmas tree-shaped cookie cutter, press into cereal mixture to cut out shapes.
Transfer to waxed paper.
Melt white chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly.
Drizzle or spread over trees and top with sprinkles.
Add gumdrop star and candy-coated chocolates, using the melted white chocolate to "glue" candy to tree.