Chorizo Cheddar Burger
Spicy chorizo and molten cheese patties makes for a flavor-packed burger.
This recipe is courtesy of Kitchen Konfidence.
- 1 1/3 Pound ground beef
- 1/2 Pound Mexican chorizo, casing removed
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 Teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 4 burger buns, sliced in half
- Lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
Place ground beef and chorizo in a large bowl. Using two forks, fluff the meat, to evenly mix and lighten the texture. Mix in the garlic powder, kosher salt, and black pepper. Stir through the cheese. Using your hands, form the mixture into 4 patties.
Preheat a grill to a medium-high heat. Brush the burgers lightly with vegetable oil. Brush the grill grates with more vegetable oil. Grill the patties directly over the heat for about 4-6 minutes on each side, until cooked to desired doneness. Let rest for a few minutes before building the burger.
Stack up the burger as follows: burger bun, mayonnaise, burger patty, tomato slice, lettuce, ketchup, top bun. Serve immediately.