- 1 package shortbread cookie mix, preferably Krusteaz
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 Cups butter, softened to room temperature
- 6 Ounces vanilla-flavored candy melts or almond bark
- 3 Tablespoons candy canes, crushed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a bowl, combine cookie mix and cocoa until well blended.
Combine dry mixture with butter and stir until dough forms.
Onto an ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoons, 2 inches apart.
Bake 11–13 minutes or until light golden brown around edges.
When cookies come out of the oven, immediately press center of cookies with back of spoon.
Melt vanilla candy melts or almond bark according to package directions.
Stir in two tablespoons of crushed candy cane pieces to create a peppermint bark mixture.
Spoon a small amount of peppermint bark mixture into thumbprint area in each cookie.
Sprinkle remaining crushed candy cane pieces onto peppermint bark mixture in each cookie.
Allow to set for at least two hours.