- 3 squares (1 ounce each) semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 Cup Country Crock Spreadable Butter With Canola Oil
- 3/4 sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Cups water
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced (about 2 cups), tossed with 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Cups sweetened whipped cream
Microwave chocolate with Country Crock® Spreadable Butter With Canola Oil in large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1-1/2 minutes or until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Beat in 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed. Beat in eggs, then 1/4 cup flour, baking soda and salt. Alternately beat in remaining 1 cup flour and water until blended. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely.
Meanwhile, combine strawberries with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in medium bowl. To serve, slice cake in half, horizontally. Arrange bottom half of cake on serving platter. Evenly top with strawberries, then 1-1/2 cups sweetened whipped cream. Top with remaining half of cake and remaining whipped cream. Garnish, if desired, with additional strawberries.