Bacon lovers! Serve these sweet and savory tarts, filled with pastry, chocolate, and peanut butter, for rave reviews. This recipe comes from one of the 100 finalists in the 47th Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest. Try more recipes like these by visiting www.BakeOff.com.
- Nonstick cooking spray, such as Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, such as Pillsbury™, softened as directed on box
- 4 slices packaged precooked bacon (from a 2.52-ounce package)
- ⅓ Cup creamy peanut butter, such as Jif®
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 Ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ Cup chocolate fudge creamy ready-to-spread frosting
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
Unroll the pie crust on a work surface. Using a 2½-inch fluted round cookie cutter, cut 12 rounds from the pie crust. Press 1 round in the bottom and ¼-inch up the sides of each muffin cup. Prick the bottom of each cup 3 times with a fork. Bake until golden brown, 8 to 11 minutes. Remove the cups from the pan to the cooling rack. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
Place the bacon on a cookie sheet. Bake until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Cool for 5 minutes, then finely chop.
In a small bowl, beat the peanut butter, sugar, butter, and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the chocolate frosting into each cup; spread over the bottom and up the sides of each cup. Spoon or pipe, using a ½-inch wide star tip, about 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture into each cup; sprinkle with the bacon. Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.