- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Maldon salt
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon dark chocolate chunks
Preheat a toaster oven to 350 degrees F. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter until just softened, about 10 seconds. Using a fork, blend in both sugars, the vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Blend in the flour, and then stir in the chocolate chunks. Scoop the batter onto a parchment paper-lined toaster tray; sprinkle with salt. Bake until lightly browned, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before eating.
Excerpted from Desserts by the editors of Food & Wine (Oxmoor House, 2017).
Reprinted with permission from Time Inc. Books, a division of Time Inc. New York, NY. All rights reserved.