- 8 Ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 Cups butter, softened
- 1 1/3 Cup confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 Cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 Teaspoons vanilla extract, preferably McCormick
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup miniature chocolate chips
- 4 Cups vanilla wafer crumbs
In a large bowl with electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add sugars, vanilla and salt; mix until blended and smooth. Stir in vanilla wafer crumbs and chocolate chips.
Press cookie dough mixture firmly into an even layer onto bottom of foil-lined 15-by-10-by-1-inch shallow baking pan.
Freeze 1–2 hours or until firm.
Flip cookie dough onto cutting board. Remove foil.
Cut into star shapes with 2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter.
Press cookie dough scraps onto pan, refreezing cookie dough if too soft, to cut out more stars.
Freeze or refrigerate cookie dough stars until ready to serve.