- 3/4 Cups organic cane sugar
- 1/3 Cup shortening
- 2 Tablespoons flaxseed meal and six T. hot water, mixed together
- 1 Cup very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 Cup Enjoy Life Foods All-Purpose Flour Mix, sifted
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Cup Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips
1. Line a 12-well muffin tin with papers or grease and set aside.
2. With an electric hand mixer, combine organic cane sugar and shortening in medium bowl and mix 3-4 minutes.
3. In separate bowl mix together the all-purpose flour mix, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder and chocolate mini chips. Set aside.
4. Combine the flaxseed/hot water mixture, the shortening/sugar mixture, the mashed bananas, water and vanilla extract and mix another 2 minutes with the hand mixer.
5. Add the flour mixture and mix another 1-2 minutes with wooden spoon until incorporated.
Evenly portion into the greased or paper lined muffin tin and bake for 24-26 minutes.