Sweeten a breakfast favorite with some good-for-you ingredients! These muffins are gluten-free and dairy-free, made with flaxseed meal, free-from flour and bananas.
1. Line a 12-well muffin tin with papers or grease and set aside.
2. With an electric hand mixer, combine organic cane sugar and shortening in medium bowl and mix 3-4 minutes.
3. In separate bowl mix together the all-purpose flour mix, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder and chocolate mini chips. Set aside.
4. Combine the flaxseed/hot water mixture, the shortening/sugar mixture, the mashed bananas, water and vanilla extract and mix another 2 minutes with the hand mixer.
5. Add the flour mixture and mix another 1-2 minutes with wooden spoon until incorporated.
Evenly portion into the greased or paper lined muffin tin and bake for 24-26 minutes.