- 1/2 Cup Chobani Greek Yogurt, Whole Milk Plain
- 3 large Japanese eggplants
- 1/2 Cup Vidalia onion, small dice
- 1 Teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 Teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Aleppo pepper or red chili flakes
- 1/4 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- Cinnamon, to taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 Cup fresh mint, chopped
Score the eggplant skin with a knife. Grill (or roast) the eggplants over high heat until skin is charred and flesh is tender. When cool enough to handle, split in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh. Place in a wire mesh strainer. Press with a spoon to squeeze out excess liquid.
Sauté the onion with butter, thyme, and chopped garlic for 15 minutes over medium heat.
Place eggplant in food processor with onion mixture, lemon juice, cumin, Aleppo pepper/red pepper flakes, paprika, cinnamon, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Purée until smooth.
Add Chobani Greek Yogurt and process just to incorporate. Top with fresh mint and serve with lightly toasted pita bread.