Chickpea Deviled Eggs
There’s been a lot of talk about deviled eggs being indulgent, but this recipe gives them a healthy side, too. Whole Foods stirs some chickpeas into their mixture to add texture and some protein.
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, cut in half, and yolks mashed in a bowl
- 1 Cup garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2 Cups finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
Transfer egg whites to a platter. Add ½ cup garbanzo beans, onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and 2 tablespoons warm water to the yolks and mash with a fork until well combined. Spoon some of the yolk mixture into each egg-white half, garnish each with parsley and a chickpea, and serve.