Recipe created by Leslie Bonci, MPH, RD, CSSD, LDN for the California Dried Plum Board.
- 2 15-ounce cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ Cup mixed olives, such as Sicilian and Kalamata, diced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ Cup California Dried Plums
- 1½ 12-ounce cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- ½ Teaspoon grated orange peel
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Pounds chicken thigh cutlets
- Crushed red pepper
- Italian seasoning
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Purée the beans, olives, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, the dried plums, tomatoes, orange peel, and some salt and pepper.
Pound the chicken thigh cutlets; flatten to ¼-inch thick. Spread the tapenade mixture over the chicken thighs. Roll and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
Arrange the chicken in a pan and drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, some crushed red pepper, and Italian seasoning.
Cover the pan with foil and bake for 1 hour or until cooked through. Remove the foil and broil to brown the top.
Serve whole, or cut each chicken thigh into 3 pieces and arrange on a plate.