Chicken Piccatta Recipe
This is the perfect dish for entertaining. You can prepare it hours in advance and just warm it up before serving.
Click here to see more recipes on Cindy's Table.
NOTE: I like to add a little Parmesan cheese to my chicken.
- 1 Pound chicken scaloppini (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour, divided
- 3 Teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 Cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon, zest reserved for optional garnish, about 2 tablespoons juice
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon flour. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Cook the cutlets until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the cutlets to a plate and reduce the heat under the skillet to medium.
Add the remaining teaspoon oil and garlic to the same skillet and cook the garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk together the broth, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon flour, and add to the pan. Simmer the sauce until it is reduced and thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the parsley and capers. Swirl in the butter until the sauce is shiny and slightly thickened.
Serve the chicken with the sauce and add a lemon slice to each plate.