- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil for frying
- 4 Pieces Chicken (bone in) Traditionally legs and thighs
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh Sweet Hungarian Paprika
- 1 Small Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Large Yellow Onion minced
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Add 2 Tablespoons of flour to a plastic bag with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place chicken pieces in the bag and shake until coated. Remove them from the bag and shake off excess.
2. Heat vegetable oil (not olive) in a frying pan. Add the chicken cook until golden brown on each side.
3. Add enough Vegetable Oil to coat the bottom of a dutch oven and put it over medium heat. Add the minced onion and cook until it translucent. Add garlic, paprika, and red peppers and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid burning the paprika. Add the tomato paste, chicken and chicken broth (there should be enough to just cover the chicken. Simmer for 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Combine the sour cream with 1 tablespoons of flour in a bowl. Add about 1 cup of liquid from the hot mixture to the sour cream in order to warm it slightly. Add slowly into the dutch oven and continue cooking for 10 minutes.