- 4 six inch pita pocket breads
- 1/2 Cup favorite prepared pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce
- Perdue short cuts carved chicken breast, grilled
- 1 Cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, for serving, optional
- Crushed red pepper, for serving, optional
- Dried oregano, for serving, optional
Heat the oven on the broil setting. Arrange the pita breads on a cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet under the broiler until the pitas are toasted on one side, about 1-2 minutes. Flip the pitas and broil on the other side, another 1-2 minutes. Remove the pitas from the oven.
Spread each toasted pita with 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce. Top with chicken and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Place the pita pizzas back under the broiler. Broil for 2 minutes or until hot and the cheese is golden and bubbly. Remove them from the oven and cut into wedges.
Serve warm with Parmigiano-Reggiano, crushed red pepper flakes, and dried oregano, if desired.