See recipe with photos on the blog: http://www.dearcreatives.com/recipe-easy-chicken-chili-mac/ (Posted here with author's permission).
- 1 package Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 peppers of your choosing (Anaheim-mild, jalapeno-medium, Poblano-medium, cayenne-hot). Seed and chop your peppers.
- 14 Ounces (1 can) of diced tomatoes (Mexican, Fire Roasted or Plain)
- 7 Ounces (1 can) tomato sauce (regular or jalapeno)
- 4 Cups cooked noodles (elbow macaroini or penne)
- 1/4 Teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon oregano
- Sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Green onion chopped for garnishing
You will cook the chicken meat until the chicken shows white about half way up. About 6 minutes. Then stir your chicken and toss in your garlic and peppers. Cook about another 5 minutes. During this time open up your canned diced tomatoes. I used fire roasted, well because some like it hot. But, regular will work too! Then a small can of tomato sauce; regular or jalapeno. Add these into the skillet, after the chicken is slightly browned. Do not over cook. Then add your diced tomatoes and tomato sauce to the cooked chicken. Next, stir in the spices. Now, reduce to a simmer. Cook about 5 to 10 minutes longer. Add the already cooked noodles to the skillet just after the tomato sauces and spices have cooked. Then stir them in gently. After stirring in your cooked noodles, add shredded cheese to the top. Then lid your skillet. Turn off the burner. After the cheese is melted sprinkle with chopped green onions and serve.