Chicken Burrito Dip
Whether you’re a fan of burritos, nachos, or quesadillas, no game day spread is complete without some Tex-Mex fare. This smoky cumin- and chipotle-spiced dip from Every Day with Rachel Ray makes it easy.
- 1 Cup chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 Cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1½ Cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 Cup frozen fire-roasted or regular corn, thawed and drained
- 1 Cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 medium canned chipotle in adobo, chopped, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 2 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 Cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Corn chips, for dipping
Preheat the broiler. Heat a medium-sized cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until the onion is charred in spots, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken, beans, corn, enchilada sauce, chipotle and adobo sauce, cumin, and half of the cheese, Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the dip to a simmer before removing it from the heat.
Sprinkle the dip with the remaining cheese. Broil until brown and bubbly, 3 to 5 minutes. Garnish with the sour cream and cilantro. Serve with the corn chips.