Chicken and Tortellini Stew
Perfect for a chilly day, this flavorful chicken and tortellini stew is hearty without being heavy... and it tastes great too!
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3/4 Pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast half, cut into cubes
- 1 Cup crinkle-cut frozen carrots
- 1 Cup frozen cut green beans
- 3/4 Cups onion, chopped
- 6 Cups chicken broth, such as Swanson® chicken broth or Swanson® chicken stock
- 6 Ounces cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Stir the cornstarch and water in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it's well browned, stirring often. Remove the chicken from the saucepot.
Heat the remaining oil in the saucepot over medium heat. Add the carrots, beans, and onion and cook until they're tender-crisp.
Stir in the broth and heat to a boil. Add the tortellini and parsley, if desired. Cook for 10 minutes or until the tortellini is tender. Return the chicken to the saucepot and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
Stir in the cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens.