This hearty and healthy chicken soup comes from QVC’s resident foodie and best-selling cookbook author David Venable. Leftovers can be a great lunch option for you and the kids. Make it when you have some extra time over the weekend. Then, fill a thermos with hot soup before work or school.
- 1½ Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Cup shredded carrots
- 1 Cup chopped yellow onions
- ¾ Cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ Cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 14.5-ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1½ Teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ Teaspoon ground cumin
- 10 Cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ Cup quinoa
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed, shredded
Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the carrots, onions, celery, green onions, and tomatoes and cook for 4 minutes. Stir in the cilantro, pepper, and cumin and cook for 2 more minutes.
Pour in the chicken stock, add the quinoa, and cook for 15 minutes. Add the shredded chicken and cook for 5 more minutes. Serve hot.