- 4 Cups cooked Perdue Harvestland Free Range Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Thin Sliced
- 3 Cups chicken broth, warmed
- 3/4 Teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 Cup mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup carrots, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons tarragon, chopped
- 4 Teaspoons butter, divided
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1/4 Cup dry white wine
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/2 Cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cans artichoke hearts (14-ounce each), drained and quartered
- 1 package puff pastry dough
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Coat 2-quart ovenproof dish with cooking spray.
In large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat.
Remove pan from heat; stir in flour.
Return to heat and continue to cook until the mixture becomes lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
While sauce is cooking, melt remaining tablespoon of butter in large skillet.
Add mushrooms, onion and carrots and cook for about 10 minutes over medium-low heat, until lightly browned.
Add chicken meat; cook 2 minutes.
Add artichoke hearts; stir together well.
Pour in thickened broth sauce; bring to a simmer and cook 10 minutes.
Stir in tarragon.
Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Pour chicken mixture into prepared dish.
Place pastry dough over top; trim ends to fit sides of dish.
With knife, lightly score pattern on top.
Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Cool slightly before serving.