Overnight Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
Take chia seeds on-the-go with this naturally sweetened, vegan, and gluten free recipe. The pudding can be a healthy dessert or even a breakfast dish.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened original or vanilla almond milk, preferably Almond Breeze
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-5 tablespoons maple syrup, if not blending (can substituted with 5–9 dates, pitted, if blending)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
Add all ingredients except sweetener to a mixing bowl and whisk vigorously to combine. Sweeten to taste with maple syrup at this time. If blending, you can sweeten later with maple syrup or dates.
Let rest covered in the fridge overnight or at least 3–5 hours (or until it's achieved a pudding-like consistency).
If blending, add to a blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed. Sweeten to taste.
Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for 2–3 days, though best when fresh.
Serve chilled with desired toppings, such as fruit, granola, or coconut whipped cream.